Monday, December 18, 2006

Chill morning... Crowded city...And a beautiful girl!

It was around 9.30 in the morning and I was walking towards the bus stop to go to office. It was very cold... I prefered walking in the sun light since it added some warmth to that chill wind, which was blowing all over the body...

The bus stop was crowded as usual... Most of the time i will take call-taxi on a sharing basis but today i liked to go by bus b'coz of the kind of violence that happened for the past two days (thats a different story)...

When i started getting bored waiting for the bus, She came! She was beautiful... Well dressed... I have seen her twice or thrice at the same bus stop and everytime she would stole my attention... It might be because of the way she dressed or her beautiness or 'don't know'!

She walked close to me and then crossed and stood behind me and started looking at the direction where the bus would arrive. I thought she would stand in front of me so that i could see her continuously while waiting for the bus. That was a real disappointment. But i wanted to stand in a place where she is in my vision. I slowly moved back acting like i wanted to stand in the shadow of bus shutter and started watching her!

'How beautiful she was...' She was wearing a greenish dark blue jeans and a black tops which had some designs in white. The dress was well suited to her. She was fair in color but not sooo fair. Most people wont agree if i say that she is the 'Miss. Beautiful' but for me she looked so...

I really enjoyed watching her each moment and her each movement until the bus arrived. Then i got into the bus fighting with the huge crowd... I didn't have enough space to stand but my eyes were searching on the girl's side for her... I saw her getting into the bus but i couldn't see her in the bus for a while... Then i moved little deep into the bus (getting scolded by someone who should be the one got hurt by me since i stepped on his leg thinking that it is the stairs)! 'Yeah... now i could see her shirt!' Her hand was holding the iron bars of the bus... She was wearning a bracelet which looked different. It was a kind of two metal string that are tied and rolled alternatively... That was good to her hand!

My mind started thinking 'where will she get down... it would be cool if she gets down at the same stopping..' and meanwhile a bus stop came and some seats got emptied on girl's side. I was expecting her to sit down in one of those seats so that i can keep watching her... Unfortunately some other lady sat down there... i cursed that lady in my mind... Well... i know that wasn't fair but...

Then finally my stop came and i got down... I was surprised that she also got down at the same stop and started walking in the direction of where i usually go to my office. That was a sweet surprise... 'Paul... today is a good day to you man!' It would be a 20 min walk to my office from there. I always prefer walking rather than taking a second bus to my office.

Well... Now we crossed the road and she started walking in front of me... I am usually a kind of guy who walks fast and enjoys overtaking everyone who walks in front of me... But today i wanted to walk in the speed sychronized to that of her... i wanted to keep watching her all my way... also i could see where she is working... so i was curious to follow her...

Suddenly there was a noise on the other side of the road. She turned to look who made that noise... But i didn't care to look at the person whoever made the noise rather i enjoyed watching the way she turned and the way the muscles of her face doing some magic to make a questionable expression of "who's that...?"

She was wearing a hand bag and her other hand was holding some plastic cover... Her fingers were very neat... it was really cute that the way she was holding that cover... 'wow... that jeans really looks good to her...' 'she is really attracting...'

I felt very difficult to walk in that slow speed but i managed... i was wondering myself 'where would she work...? Manipal hospital????' (a hospital on the way to my office) is she a nurse? If so, 'oh God! make me sick so that i could go to her for treatment...' She was walking straight without even looking at the manipal hospital... 'Oh then! will she work in Brittania????' Nope... she crossed that too...

'Where the hell is she working?...' ' she would definitely have some boy friends... she looks so good! who is that lucky guy...' i was talking to myself... She turned slightly now and then looking backside while walking... I don't know whether she noticed me... but my mind started worrying like 'wont she think i am following her... starting from the bus stop... then getting down at the same stopping... walking behind all the way...' 'Well... who bothers about that... my office is in this way so am walking...' I was excited to watch her walking in front of me... I was glad that she preferred walking like me rather than taking the second bus...

We started coming closer to my office building... So i wanted to overtake her and get into the building before she crosses that building... 'Shall i take my ID card and wear that while crossing her to symbolically say 'hey... i am working in such a big brand... No Paul... No scenes...' In fact, I don't think she noticed me... Probably she might have noticed but not continuously... Well... I know i am not so smart... who bothers whether she looks at me or not... whatever it is... i like to watch her :-)

I walked a little fast, overtook her and turned into my office building... my mind still wondering where she works... 'would she work in HDFC bank (the one next to our office building)... no i haven't seen her there...' 'it would be cool if she turns into my office building... isn't it...' while my mind was thinking that... Yes! she was also turning to enter into my office building... In fact, Titan is also in the same building... 'Oh my God! what a real surprise...' I could not believe myself...

'Is she also working here...' 'in IBM??? or in Titan????' i was so surprised and started scolding myself for not noticing her till now who works in the same building... 'Or is she going to Nilgiris... to have something or she works there... No Paul... she looks little professional... she should be working in Titan... or luckily in IBM...' 'Oh man! thats cool!' I could not control getting excited...

Now i could see that she was walking behind me while i moved towards the entrance where the lift was... I was watching her in the relfection of the well-polished granite walls and in the window mirrors... She took her badge from her bag... So did i...

'Paul... You should have dressed little more smart today!' I really felt bad about me for not wearing a good looking dress today. While i was walking towards the lift, it started closing to move up. I moved fast... ran few steps... and quickly extended my hand between the half closed doors of the lift to make it open... my was thinking 'she would say thanks if i hold the lift there until she comes...' after getting into the lift, i watched the way... 'where is she?' She was walking towards the stairs... 'oh! bad luck Paul...'

I was scolding myself for not taking the stairs to go to my floor... But i noticed her badge and it wasn't IBM badge... 'So she must be working in Titan....' The lift opened... My floor came... 'I looked at the stairs to see whether she comes...' but no... she didn't...

Then i got into the office and sat in my seat... 'This is a good morning man!' I was smiling within myself and unlocked my computer... I saw the 'To Do' of the day... 'Oh! i got to check-in all the files today for the release... got to do some final testing...' Then i started concentrating on my work but there was a background task running in my mind which kept on saying 'she must be somewhere in the same building...'

4 comments:

Deepthimai said...

haa aah Kalakiteenga ponga :).. site adikaratha evlo alaga soli irukeenga..

Jisha said...

Hey Paul,
Really nice the Way u expressed..

Sharmi.

Raj said...

Paul,
I would enjoy more if you follow the same style like

".......background task running in my mind which kept on saying 'she must be somewhere in the same building........'

throughout the entire narration

Unknown said...

Hi Paul,

Really Superb man... The way u expressed was really nice. Chancae illa.