Friday, February 2, 2007

Beautilful plants... Nice lessons....

'This owner doesn't have sense at all...' 'Stupid... doesn't she know that we need some space to walk...' 'she is really an irritating idiot...'

These are some of the statements which I used to say loudly whenever I step out of my house in the morning... In fact, there is a reason for it. My house was located at the top of that three floor building with a nice terrace where you can have a nice view of the surrounding streets and houses... There were flower plants which were lined up along the walls of the terrace... Most of the times I really enjoy watching those plants...

Since I am staying for rent, I am unable to say anything for whatever the house owner does... Few days back, she moved all those plants just in front of my door way... So whenever she water those plants, the water would flow all over my door way and you could see some kind of a very big world map where the land and water were here and there all over my door way... my foots would get wet by any chance whenever I step out of my house which would really irritate me... I have told her to move those plants to their old place so that it would be nice to see, but she didn't even hear what I was saying.

Usually I scold her whenever I wake up but today it was different; I got up little earlier before she could water the plants... I was standing outside the terrace walking here and there, enjoying the nice weather, looking at the surrounding houses which are still in silence... When I turned, I saw my house owner stepping up the stairs... I know she was coming to water the plants... I was walking here and there like not noticing her... she would have felt little uncomfortable... so she went back without telling anything and she didn’t water the plants...

In a short while, I was looking at those plants... They looked dry though there were few dew drops on the flowers and leaves... Although the dew drops added beauty to the plants, I could still see a kind of dryness in them... I was imagining as though they were thirsty... So I thought of watering the plants by myself... I know that the water would flow all over my door way but I thought its better to have a satisfaction of pouring the water by myself rather than getting irritated by someone else pouring it on my door ways...

I was slowly watering the plants... I really felt a good feel as though the plants were smiling at me... It might not be seen but I could feel it... It was a sense of satisfaction which you rarely get like while giving some biscuits to a hungry dog, giving chocolates to a crying baby to see its smile, getting a warm smile from a stranger and smiling them back, helping an old person to cross the streets to see their thankful and blessing smile, doing something special to our loved ones to see them happy etc... You know certain feelings are hard to explain but easy to feel in the heart... I really felt so excited seeing the beauty of the wet plants... The water that was flowing all over the place was giving an exciting view with those wet plants... that was a great feeling... I would have captured that view if I had a camera…

The incident induced some deep thoughts inside me... The same incident was happening every day but the only difference is the house owner was pouring the water to plants but today it was me… but how did I miss this beautiful excitement by just getting irritated for what she does… I was thinking… Often we get irritated or worried about the situation or the surrounding or the behaviors of some persons which makes us mood off for a long time... We know that we would not be able to change it but we still worry about it... we get frustrated about them... losing our happiness and scolding the surroundings... We forget that there is always a positive side...

Whatever the situation or surrounding or behaviors of some persons, which irritate us, doesn't matter to others... Sometimes you could see that... Others would take those things easily while we get tensed... There might always be a nice view or positive side which we could still enjoy until we get away from that kind of situation... Instead of worrying until we are out of that situation, its better to get along and enjoy the moments because we know that we cannot change them... Will our angry or frustration or irritation change them anyway? No... Not at all... They just won’t consider us… We unnecessarily worry about it and lose our valuable moments… In fact we make it worse to tolerate by thinking a lot about it... It’s better to start looking at the bright side and start enjoying the moments...

Okay, if you allow, I will keep writing lots of advices... let me stop with this... I thought it’s good to share this experience since it made me to think a lot...


As usual, your comments are always welcome :-)

No comments: